- The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) has received grant funding from the European Union funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the CAADP XP4 Organisations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of the project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
- AFAAS, now invites reputable companies to submit bids for the items described in the Bid Form attached to this letter as Annex I.
- When preparing your bid, please use the Bid Submission Form attached to this letter as Annex I and follow the instructions set out below and, in the Terms, and Conditions applicable to AFAAS contracts attached as Annex II. Please return your completed Bid Submission Form to the AFAAS together with the Certification Form Annex III duly signed by the authorized representative of your company.
- The conditions set out in the Terms and Conditions for the Procurement of Goods, as well as any other conditions contained in or enclosed with this letter, will become part of any contract concluded with the successful bidder. If your offer is accepted, you will receive a formal Purchase Order.
SUBMISSION OF YOUR OFFER:
- For this request, Bids may be submitted by delivery in person, electronically by email or courier. You must submit your offer strictly in compliance with the procedures described below.
- For it to be eligible for consideration, the AFAAS must receive your offer, signed by the authorised representative and stamped with the official seal of your company, on or before 10:00 a.m. (Kampala Time), Thursday, 29th July 2021, at the following address:
- AFAAS Reception Desk;
- Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
- O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
- Telephone: +256-312313400.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Bids received after the deadline specified above will not be considered. The AFAAS reserves the right to extend the deadline for the submission of Bids. In such an event, the AFAAS will inform all potential bidders in writing of the terms and duration of the extension.
Grace Paddy Wanzala MCIPS
- BID Submission Form Annex I
- Terms and Conditions applicable to AFAAS contracts Annex II
- Certification to be submitted by a Bidder Annex III
Instructions to Bidders:
Please take note of the following requirements and conditions pertaining to the supply of Kitchen and Laundry Consumables referenced RFQ-AFAAS/IFAD-EU/SPLS/2021/005:
|Exact Address of Delivery Location||AFAAS Reception Desk
Attention: Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS;
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda;
|Latest Expected Delivery date and Time||1 week from issuance of Purchase Order (PO) latest 4.30 p.m
|Delivery Schedule||☒ Required|
|Packing Requirements||Original – Intact Packing by manufacturer|
|Currency of Quotation||Uganda Shillings|
|Value Added Tax on Price Quotation||☒ Must be inclusive of VAT
The calculation of VAT must be shown separately
|After-sales services required||☒ Not applicable|
|Warranty||☒ Not applicable|
|Deadline for the Submission of Quotation||10.00 a.m. (E.A Time), 29th July, 2021|
|All documentations shall be in this language||☒ English|
|Documents to be submitted:
(*Bidders must submit all the documents listed. Failure to do so shall results in disqualification)
|☒ Duly completed BID Submission Form as provided in Annex I.
☒ Certification to be submitted by a bidder in an AFAAS Competitive Procedure as Annex III;
|Period of Validity of the Quotes starting on the Submission Date||☒ 30 days
|Partial Quotes||☒ Not permitted|
|Payment Terms||☒ 100% upon complete delivery of goods and acceptance by AFAAS|
|Please note that Liquidated damages for delay caused by the Provider shall be 0.1% of the total price of the Contract per day of delay but not exceeding 10% of the total value of the contract.|
[check as many as applicable]
|☒ Technical responsiveness – Full compliance to requirements and lowest price.
☒ Full acceptance of the PO/Contract General Terms and Conditions
|AFAAS will award to:||☒ One Supplier|
|Type of Contract to be Signed||☒ Lumpsum – AFAAS Purchase Order for Goods|
|Conditions for Release of Payment
|☒ Passing Inspection;
☒ Written Acceptance of Goods based on full compliance with RFQ requirements
|Annexes to this RFQ
|☒ Form for Submission of Quotation Annex I;
☒ Terms and Conditions applicable to AFAAS contracts Annex II;
☒ Certification to be submitted by a bidder in an AFAAS Competitive Procedure as Annex III.
Non-acceptance of the Terms and Conditions for AFAAS contracts shall be grounds for disqualification from this procurement process.
|Contact Person for Inquiries
(Written inquiries only)
|Grace Paddy Wanzala MCIPS
Request for Quotation