African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) has received grant funding from the European Union funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) Project under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)”. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
The AFAAS will sustain and enhance its networking functions and AEAS thought leadership – Institutional development and services to members; Partnerships for strengthening capacities to achieve impacts at multiple scales; and: Foresight, thought leadership and coordinating opportunities, initiatives and learning. In addition, AFAAS has developed its sustainability strategy that defines the possible scenarios and models of operations in different funding sources for the AFAAS Secretariat, Regional Fora and Country Fora.
The firm shall lead the implementation of thought leadership, foreign sustainability, and support in the achievement of the AFAAS strategic objectives and the CAADP-XP4 project objectives. Therefore AFAAS is seeking services of a firm with experienced and knowledgeable Consultants to: (a) support in the conceptualisation of thought leadership and foresight; and (b) lead resource mobilisation efforts for AFAAS and its network as an operationalisation process for the sustainability and resource mobilisation strategy.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The specific objectives of the assignment are to;
- i) Provide leadership in operationalizing the AFAAS sustainability and resource mobilisation strategy;
- ii) Mobilise and provide capacity development to the AFAAS network;
- iii) Conceptualize and support the operationalization of AFAAS Thought Leadership and Foresight components.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The assignment shall be for a maximum of 80-man days distributed within a period of 10 months. The assignment is expected to start from August 2021 and end in May 2022.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (SERVICE PROVIDER & EXPERTS)
- SERVICE PROVIDER:
As a basis for qualifying for the assignment, the Firm shall have the following expertise as the basis for the selection. The service provider shall be required to provide the following general information:
- Furnish AFAAS with the registered company name, place of incorporation, postal address, telephone numbers and email address of the firm and particulars of any third party involved in the EOI.
- Copy of Certificate of registration, Trading licence and Tax Clearance certificate
The profile of the Service Provider(s) shall include a description of the following:
- At least seven years experience in providing technical support services;
- A list of the relevant references where the Service provider has provided services similar to those required, including contact details and confirmation that it is in order to contact listed referees;
- The firm will preferably have a Team leader and at least one Expert with the following competencies and qualifications.
- EXPERT STAFF:
The following sets of competencies will form the basis for selection of the firm’s experts:
- A minimum of Master Degree in Agricultural Sciences, agricultural extension, agricultural economics, strategic development, rural development or social sciences. Other qualifications in Information and Communication Technologies and knowledge management will be an added advantage;
- At least fifteen years experience in the agricultural research-for-development sub-sector, preferably in technical leadership of supra-national programmes, grantmaking, fundraising, and partnership building.
- An exceptionally deep understanding of Africa’s agricultural research and innovation context and a deep understanding of how African supra-national agriculture knowledge organisations function and are funded.
- Strong social capital within funding organizations and within Africa’s supra-national agriculture knowledge organisations.
- Knowledge of EU initiatives especially on the Development of Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)
- An ability to work independently and take the initiative in a cross‐cultural environment.
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- Proficiency in the English language is a must.
Interested firms must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. The firm shall be required to submit the eligibility documents (Certificate of registration, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Tax Clearance Certificate); and the Technical and Financial proposal. The technical proposal should contain at a minimum the following: (i) Description on an understanding of the tasks including comments on the TORs; (ii) Elaborate description of the methodology to be followed to deliver the assignment; (iii) Work plan and (iv) CVs of the key experts.
The financial proposal should contain professional fees and any other direct and reimbursable expenses. The technical and financial proposal must be delivered to the address below not later than July 29, 2021, at 2.00 p.m. at the address below or electronically on email: email@example.com.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Least Cost Selection Method (LCS)” procurement method in the IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested firms may obtain detailed information from Andry Raso on email: firstname.lastname@example.org from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest July 20, 2021.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TERMS OF REFERENCE