African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union managed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) organizations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Now, AFAAS soliciting services of a qualified and experienced Gender Expert to engage AFAAS stakeholders including the private sector and ensure the development and operationalization of plans for inclusion of AEAS and gender issues in all the CSA initiatives all levels, in AFAAS MTOP; and support key personnel by providing technical assistance, coordination and management.
- Objectives of the Consultancy:
The main objectives of the assignment are to:
- Guide and support AFAAS in operationalizing the policies and or addressing gender disparities within the agricultural sector., “getting off the policy table’’.
- Provide technical support services in setting gender targets and indicators for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of activities.
- Mobilize and capacitate the AFAAS network on gender issues
- Duration of the Assignment
The assignment shall initially be for six months (06) effective August up to January 2022; Renewable based on performance, need, and availability of funding.
- Qualification, Experience and Competences
The following sets of qualifications, Experience and competencies will form the basis for the selection of the Private Sector Gender Expert.
- Master’s degree in Gender and Women’s Studies, Business, Social sciences or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with five additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience in issues related to gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
- Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in the area of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Experience working with the private sector in Africa.
- Computer skills, internet communication, and command of MS Office
- Proficiency in written and oral English and French is a must.
- Core Competencies
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Effective Communication.
- Inclusive Collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Functional Competencies:
- Proven ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Ability to navigate complexity and engage in strategic and political processes
- Good knowledge Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services system.
- Experience working on similar initiatives with International Organisations.
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills in gender gap assessments.
- Ability to develop, engage and maintain strong partnerships.
- Demonstrated capacity in representing the organization effectively in regional and international fora to advocate and to promote organizational priorities, initiatives and a better understanding of the organizational strategic agenda;
Interested individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the assignment and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter for EOI; (ii) CV in English; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than July 23, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest July 15, 2021.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd July 2021
Expression of Interest for COI