African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union managed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) organisations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Now, AFAAS soliciting services of a qualified and experienced Communications and Engagement Media Junior Expert (Consultant) to support the communication function and therefore contribute to the achievement of the AFAAS goals and objectives.
- Objectives of the Consultancy:
The main objectives of the assignment are to:
- Communicate the AFAAS identity and brand; gather and produce communications content; engage with mainstream and social media actors; manage reputational risk; and contribute and facilitate AFAAS executive and internal stakeholders.
- Support the Programme teams by playing an operational role on the day-to-day communications and engagements with AFAAS actors and stakeholders.
- Undertake Reputation and Risk management by identifying and addressing risks and issues that may damage stakeholders’ perception of AFAAS and partners and enhance and protect AFAAS’ brand among partners and communities.
- Duration of the Assignment
The assignment shall initially be for six months (06) effective August up to January 2022; Renewable based on performance, need and availability of funding.
- Qualification and Experience
The following set of competencies and qualifications will form the basis for the selection of the Junior Expert.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Public Information, Journalism, International Relations
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications or public relations, or marketing fields.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field is desirable. Additional qualifications in Digital Communications, photography, and video production is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in projecting positive corporate images, reporting on key achievements, and effectively advocating vision and priorities to internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to identify and understand different audiences and utilize appropriate communication channels and content.
- Demonstrated experience in leading effective digital communications, including social media and an understanding of relevant tools and trends;
- Experience in media relations, event planning, public speaking and/or serving as a spokesperson.
- Excellent command of both English (written and spoken) with French or with any other commonly used African language such as Kiswahili, Arabic, Portuguese;
- Experience in coordinating and managing complex multimedia communication, especially in areas relevant to AFAAS’s mandate;
- Experience in publishing policies and processes of key issues and developments affecting technical and scientific publishing.
- Experience with EU, IFAD funded projects, and other International Organizations would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal, cross cultural and communication skills.
- Results oriented and ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Having a strategic and creative mindset
Interested individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the assignment and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter for EOI; (ii) CV in English; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than July 22, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest July 15, 2021.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Expression for EOI