African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union managed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) organizations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting, and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Now, AFAAS Secretariat is soliciting services of an experienced and qualified individual consultant to review the existing Financial Operational Manual that addresses the identified gaps in the Statutory Audit 2020 and the emerging changes in the operating environment to ensure a sound financial management system.
- Objectives of the Consultancy:
The main objective of the assignment is to review the Financial Operational manual for AFAAS Secretariat by addressing the identified gaps and incorporating the emerging internal and external changes in line with international best practice to ensure a sound financial and operational system that comply with internationally accepted accounting standards generally applicable to not-for-profit organizations.
- Duration of the Assignment
The assignment shall be for 3 months (03) effective August up to October 2021 i.e. the revised Manual is expected to be approved and or validated by December 2021.
- Qualification, Experience, and Competences
The following set of education, qualifications, and competencies will form the basis for the selection of the consultant.
- Education and Experience
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant field such as Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, etc is an added advantage.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration, business studies, or management with specialization in finance or accounting.
- A professional accounting certification such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc is a must.
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience working as a consultant developing operational manuals for international organizations;
- Experience in designing and developing similar manuals, charters, etc. for international organizations in agricultural sector will be an added advantage; and
- Membership with a globally recognized professional accounting body such as ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Competencies and skills
- Understanding complex international organizational issues and demonstrating how you have helped clients navigate changes in financial manuals;
- Experience in conducting stakeholder interviews to strategically inform your recommendations.
- Strategic thinking;
- Evidence of developing and reviewing effective financial and operational manuals;
- Ability to develop operational manuals based on best practices to address specific client needs;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to forge and maintain relationships;
- Have a proven track record and experience of similar assignments with international development financial institutions
- Have a current and up to date knowledge of International Accounting Reporting Standards; including internal controls
- Strong Microsoft office skills may also be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French will be added advantage
Interested individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the assignment and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter for EOI; (ii) Technical and Financial Proposal (iii) CV in English; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest August 4, 2021.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Call for EOI