African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union managed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) organisations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
The AFAAS refreshed its Strategy and revised its Medium Term Operational Plan (MTOP) 2023-2027 and the existing projects are currently supporting the key personnel to provide technical assistance, coordination and management. The Gender Main (GM) Streaming Strategy requires operationalisation, and therefore AFAAS is soliciting services of a Gender Expert to engage AFAAS stakeholders including the private sector in operationalising the Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy, 2022-2028.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The main objective of this consultancy is to provide technical support services as Gender Expert Facilitator/ Trainer, and build capacity of AFAAS networks in operationalising the Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy, 2022- 2028 and providing response to gender disparities.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment estimated to take 30-man days, spread in three months effective October to December 2023.
- QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
The following sets of professional qualifications and competences shall form the basis for selecting the consultant:
- A minimum of a MSc in Gender and Women’s Studies, Agricultural economics, Agricultural Extension, or Agronomy with at least five (5) years post qualification experience working on various agricultural Extension / research and development issues in a research and Innovation institutions.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in issues related to gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience working with the private sector in Africa.
- Computer skills, internet communication and command of MS Office
- Proficiency in written and oral English. French will be an added advantage
Interested consultants are expected submit a brief Technical Proposal describing the proposed methodology detailing how the deliverables will be achieved; Personal CV indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details – email and telephone and Atleast three professional referees and a Financial Offer with the proposed daily rate. Technical and Financial Proposals must be delivered to the address below not later than 16th October, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant shall be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest October 9, 2023.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Further information may be obtained from the Director Programmes; email email@example.com;
AFAAS Affirmative Action Statement on Employment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.