African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS’ goal is to enhance utilization of improved knowledge and innovations by agricultural value chain actors for improving productivity oriented towards their individual and national development objectives. AFAAS desires to ensure enhanced competency of AEAS providers to enable them better address the increasing needs and demands of various value chain actors. The AFAAS has received a grant from the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) in support of FFS networking and technical support. FAO has provided AFAAS with a grant for a period of one year (PO Number: 342242), to implement the Eastern Africa Field School Support Hub project. For the implementation of the project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the AFAAS Procurement Management Manual and in compliance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Now, AFAAS therefore is seeking services of a qualified and experienced long-term consultant to provide technical assistance on to Eastern Africa Field Schools hub as a Master Trainer Expert.
- OBJECTIVE OF CONSULTANCY SERVICE:
The main objective of the assignment is to provide technical support services to EA Support Hub and specifically contribute to strenghthening the hub and the master trainers from the countries – Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia and South Sudan/ Sudan.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The consultant shall work for 20 days per month for a period of 10 months, effective March 2022 and may be renewable, based on need, if funding is secured under the FS, satisfactory performance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The consultant is expected to have the following set of competencies and academic qualifications which will form the basis for selection of the consultant:
- A university degree in an Agriculture, Rural Development or development related field; with project management training with 5 atleast years’ experience in the field of agricultural development, small-holder/agro-pastoral development sector.
- Must be a Master Trainer with vast experience of atleast 5 years’ experience in implementing FS programmes;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of FS programming, knowledge sharing and networking in the sub-region;
- Experience in conducting trainings and mentoring Master Trainers;
- Competence in Participatory Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation processes;
- Excellent communication skills and a track record that shows ability to facilitate and coordinate teamwork and to interact with multi stakeholders;
- Proven report writing and documentation skills of large meeting events.
- Proactive leadership skills, accountable and adherence to AFAAS policies;
- Ability to lead by example and drive change.
Interested qualified and experienced individuals should send their expression of interest (via e-mail) and a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV), proof of similar experience, together with the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers of three referees. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than March 16, 2022, at 10.00 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The consultant will be selected based on the “Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by AFAAS Procurement management manual and IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September 2010). Interested individual(s) may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest March, 9, 2022.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS;
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda;
Copying the AFAAS Procurement Specialist, Paddy Wanzala, email: email@example.com.
Further information may be obtained from Mr. Max Olupot – Director Programmes / FSH Coordinator; email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Call for Expression of Interest:
Terms of Reference: