African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS’ goal is to enhance utilization of improved knowledge and innovations by agricultural value chain actors for improving productivity oriented towards their individual and national development objectives. AFAAS desires to ensure enhanced competency of AEAS providers to enable them better address the increasing needs and demands of various value chain actors. The AFAAS has received a grant from the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) in support of FFS networking and technical support. FAO has provided AFAAS with a grant for a period of one year (PO Number: 342242), to implement the Eastern Africa Field School Support Hub project. For the implementation of the project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the AFAAS Procurement Management Manual and in compliance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Now, AFAAS is seeking services of a qualified and experienced long-term consultant to provide technical assistance on the documentation of Monitoring and Evaluation processes/activities with focus to Field Schools and extension advisory services in Eastern Africa.
- OBJECTIVE OF CONSULTANCY
The main objective of the assignment is to provide technical support on the documentation of Monitoring and Evaluation processes and or activities for the Eastern Africa Support Hub and contribute to AFAAS overarching FS SH MEL frameworks and M&E support to Investment Programmes.
- DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The assignment shall be for initially 40 working days, spread through from March to August 2022, and may be renewed based on need, satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The consultant is expected to have the following set of competencies and academic qualifications which will form the basis for selection:
- A minimum of University degree in Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development or development related field. A postgraduate degree in Monitoring and Evaluation is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience undertaking similar assignments preferably in Farmer Field Schools;
- At least five years’ experience working with international organizations, implementing FS or other extension and or technology dissemination related programmes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data collection and analysis in the fields of socio-economic, agriculture and environment and dissemination and presentation of M&E data/information.
- Experience in using monitoring and evaluation methodologies including use of quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Experience in using strategic approaches for program monitoring and evaluation, assessment of best practices and generating lessons learnt.
- Experience in facilitating learning-oriented analysis and presentation sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening organizational M&E and reporting capacity.
- Excellent communication skills and a track record that shows ability to facilitate and coordinate teamwork and to interact with multi stakeholders;
- Proactive leadership skills and accountable and adherence to AFAAS policies.
Interested individuals must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter; (ii) CV in English; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than March 18, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by AFAAS Procurement management manual and IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest March 10, 2022.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS;
Kigobe Road; House No. 25; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda;
Email email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org;
Copying the AFAAS Procurement Specialist, Paddy Wanzala, email email@example.com;
Further information may be obtained from: Mr. Max Olupot – PPLS/ FSH Coordinator; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Expression
Terms of Reference