African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS’ goal is to enhance utilization of improved knowledge and innovations by agricultural value chain actors for improving productivity oriented towards their individual and national development objectives. AFAAS desires to ensure enhanced competency of AEAS providers to enable them better address the increasing needs and demands of various value chain actors. The AFAAS has received a grant from the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) in support of FFS networking and technical support. FAO has provided AFAAS with a grant for a period of one year (PO Number: 342242), to implement the Eastern Africa Field School Support Hub project. For the implementation of the project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the AFAAS Procurement Management Manual and in compliance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Now, AFAAS is therefore seeking services of a qualified and experienced Knowledge Management consultant to provide technical assistance to the investment programmes under the Eastern Africa Field Schools hub on a long-term basis.
- OBJECTIVE OF CONSULTANCY
The objective of the assignment is to provide technical support services on Knowledge management to the Eastern Africa Support Hub and contribute to AFAAS overarching KM framework.
- DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The assignment shall be for 10 months (in 2022), renewable for another 11 months, based on need, availability of funding under the FS Hub and satisfactory performance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The consultant is expected to have the following set of competencies, experience and academic qualifications which will form the basis for selection of the consultant:
- A university degree in an Agriculture or development related field. Other qualifications in Information Communication Technologies/ Mapping and social media management will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the field of agricultural development, small-holder/agro-pastoral development sector with atleast 5 years’ experience in implementing FS programmes;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in FS programming, knowledge sharing and networking in the EA region;
- Experience in undertaking knowledge dissemination and conducting presentations;
- Possession of Training and mentoring skills at Master Trainer level.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills, proof of reporting on large meeting events is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with a track record that shows ability to facilitate and coordinate to teamwork and interaction with multi stakeholders;
- Proactive leadership skills, accountable and adherence to AFAAS policies;
- Ability to lead by example and drive change.
Interested individuals must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter; (ii) CV in English; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than March 16, 2022, at 11:30 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by AFAAS Procurement management manual and IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest March 9, 2022.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS;
Kigobe Road; House No. 25; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda;
Copying the AFAAS Procurement Specialist, Paddy Wanzala, email email@example.com;
Further information may be obtained from: Mr. Max Olupot – PPLS/ FSH Coordinator; email firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TERMS OF REFERENCE