African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) has received grant funding from the European Union-funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) Project under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)”. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting, and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
One of the activities in the CAADP XP4 Project is to strengthen the operational capacity of AFAAS and its sub-regional partner organizations including the Board. In order to enable the AFAAS Board and the respective Board Committees to exercise their responsibilities diligently, and in a bid to abide by the basic principles of corporate governance; AFAAS is desirous of soliciting an experienced facilitator in corporate governance to undertake the orientation and strengthening its Board on their roles and responsibilities and to focus them on the requirements and expectations of the Organisation, including both Board and management.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The proposed training aims at providing the knowledge and skills needed by the AFAAS Board members to improve the efficiency of the AFAAS Board. Specifically, the training should:
- Improve the basic skills to AFAAS Board Members and Committees with the information that defines the role and responsibilities of Board in Corporate Governance;
- Improve capacity of the AFAAS Board members in terms of the Corporate Governance of AFAAS;
- Improve leadership skills to the AFAAS Board members.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The training shall be completed within 3 working days. The assignment will be completed within four (4) days after obtaining the engagement letter.
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The facilitator is expected to possess the following qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies:
- A minimum of advanced (Masters) degree in the following fields: Strategic Planning and Management, Management, Social Sciences, Program Management, or a closely related field
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting training to corporate boards, developing established governance boards, capacity building of board members on their governance role.
- Demonstrated experience in developing high-quality training manuals specifically for board members on governance and leadership;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including experience in facilitation of training and delivering presentations;
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge on Corporate governance, roles and responsibilities of Boards and Board committees;
- Understanding of complex international organizational issues and Board politics, elaborating how you have helped Board Members understand their key roles and enhanced corporate governance;
- Experience in designing training materials for NGOs board members on governance;
- Knowledge of policies and legal frameworks guiding the formation and role of Board members
- Demonstrated experience in documenting and developing high-quality reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French will be added advantage.
Interested individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. The Provider shall be required to submit the Technical and Financial Proposal together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae to the address below not later than January 30, 2022, at 10:30 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: email@example.com.
The Provider will be selected in accordance with the AFAAS Procurement Procedures and IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010).
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Copying firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Terms of Reference
TORS: Capacity Strengthening of the AFAAS Board in Corporate Governance
Call for Expression of Interest