Stakeholder Workshop of the Zimbabwe Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (ZFAAS) was held in January 14, 2015. The meeting was sponsored by the European Union through the Zimbabwe Extension Support and Training Project being implemented by GIZ/SAT/Ministry of Agriculture, Mechanisation and Irrigation Development.
The immediate activities/action plan include:
- The Steering Group will follow the guidelines of AFAAS and take some action to move the agenda of ZFAAS forward by undertaking the preparatory work pending formalisation of the
Forum. The work will largely focus on documentation, including:
- Outputs from this workshop were to well documented and shared with the members
- Develop the CF constitution to facilitate registration of Forum;
- Convene another meeting with wider stakeholder representation to present constitution
- for adoption;
- Election of substantive Steering Committee office bearers to follow adoption of constitution.
- Ensure Legal registration of the CF
- Facilitate development of a strategic plan and operational plan;
- Facilitate conduct of stakeholder analysis, including institutional capacity assessment;
- AFAAS undertook to send copies of other country constitutions to Focal Point, e.g. Malawi, as well as link ZFAAS Committee with such countries.
- The first meeting of the Steering Group took place during the last week of January 2015.
- To keep interest high, the Focal Point will create a mailing list/group to share information, including the proceedings of the first meeting.
Contact person: Michael Jnrich, CF focal person, firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com; +263 772 273186/+263 712 2077