African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union-funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) Project under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)”. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting, and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
Since 2020, AFAAS has been communicating periodically with its target group and the public about the CAADP XP4 project as well as other projects in progress. This has been done through different means such as a monthly Newsletter, case studies, and success stories prepared by the ICTKM Unit with the Country Fora CIKM facilitators. The quality and regular delivery of these products need review by a communication expert to guarantee the dissemination of quality information to the wider public and its stakeholders.
To fulfill the above, AFAAS Secretariat is soliciting services of a firm with qualified and experienced professionals to provide technical support services for reviewing the various materials prepared by ICTKM with a view of improving the quality of AFAAS communication and knowledge management products.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The objective of the service is to quality assure the prepared AFAAS communication and knowledge management products and support the Communication and Knowledge Management system and processes to deliver quality products to the AFAAS public.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The assignment shall be for a period of 5 months from June to December 2021.
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- The firm should have at least one expert with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing similar technical support
- Technical competencies and qualifications of proposed experts should be demonstrated, including CVs, certifications:
- At least a Masters Degree in Communication or Knowledge Management
- 3 years experience in Newsletters and Reports writing and proof-reading
- 3 years of professional experience in digital communication and marketing
- 5 years in journalism and/or storytelling.
- The firm must have at least one bi-lingual person who will be in charge of communicating in the French-speaking countries
- Multi-national firms (or consortiums of firms from different countries) are encouraged to present candidacy.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested firms should send their Technical and Financial Proposals based on the Request for Expression of Interest (via e-mail) in person or electronically via email: firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the information and documents below when submitting proposals:
- Organization/Individual’s profile (area of competence website, address, and contacts)
- A list and short summary of previous experience in reviewing documents and or proofreading.
- CVs of the expert which clearly indicate experience and skills, as well as certification of availability if selected for this assignment
- At least 3 positive references from previous clients regarding the implementation of likely tasks.
- Financial proposal
The technical and financial proposal must be delivered to the address below not later than June 18, 2021, at 10:30 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: email@example.com.
The firm will be selected based on the “Least Cost Selection (LCS)” Procurement Method detailed in the IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September 2010). Interested firms may obtain detailed information from Andry Raso on email: firstname.lastname@example.org; from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest June 9, 2021.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Call for Expression:
Terms of Reference: