African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) has received grant funding from the European Union-funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) Project under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)”. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting, and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
The main component of CAADP XP4 is Enhanced partnerships among the multi-stakeholders across sectors, geographies, and agricultural value chains to act collectively on climate relevant innovation in agriculture and food systems. Among the key activities in this are; Developing and activating instruments like MoUs, LoAs and processes of engagement with authorizing institutions (RECs), AUC, AUDA); and Identify areas for AEAS effective partnerships and commission studies.
Now, AFAAS is seeking to engage services of a suitable consultant on a short-term basis to carry out an assessment of the current partnerships to inform future engagement, more specifically the consultant shall assess AFAAS -AUC MoU and other core MoUs & LoAs and suggest areas of focus in subsequent engagement.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The objective of this assignment is to carry out an assessment of the current AFAAS partnerships with focus to developing and activating instruments such as MoUs, LoAs and processes of engagement with authorizing institutions (RECs, AUC, AUDA); and Identify areas for AEAS effective engagement at policy level.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The duration of this assignment will be 10 working days spread over a period from October to November 2020. The consultant will work virtually from his/ her location /place of domicile with virtual linkages with AFAAS Secretariat and some core partners.
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Consultant shall be required to have the following qualifications and experience;
- Master’s degree Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Economics/Extension or any relevant qualification in Rural development field; PhD in the agricultural discipline will be an added advantage
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing monitoring and/or evaluation, qualitative and quantitative methods, including design, analysis, and interpretation of results;
- Familiarity with the innovation systems and the global paradigms in extension and advisory services
- Good knowledge of AAFAAS and its structures like Country Fora
- Good understanding of AUC – DREA and CAADP processes, FARA and SROs
- A track record of writing reports evidenced by publication records, such as study reports, policy briefs, books, chapters in books, conference papers, and journal articles.
- Ability to provide accurate, high-quality analysis and documents under pressure.
- Knowledge of EU initiatives especially on the Development of Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)
Interested qualified and experienced individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the consultancy and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Consultants shall be required to submit their expression of interest (via e-mail) and a comprehensive curriculum vitae, detailing proof of similar experience, together with the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three referees. The technical and financial proposal shall be requested from the best-ranked consultant in accordance with the selection method below.
The Expression of Interest (EOI) and updated CVs shall be delivered to the address below not later than 2nd October 2020, at 10:30 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September 2010). Interested individual consultants may obtain detailed information from Max Olupot on email: email@example.com from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest September 24, 2020.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Copying firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com