African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) has received grant funding from the European Union funded by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) Project under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)”. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
In 2018, AFAAS developed its strategy 2018-2027 which described its direction in the following ten years, within the continental as well as the global context, goals and priorities. To ensure smooth implementation of its strategy and Operational Plan, AFAAS Secretariat is soliciting services of an individual consultant to undertake a capacity gaps assessment and develop capacity development plans related to AEAS policy analysis, policy formulation, advocacy as well as resource mobilization at continental, regional and national levels.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
The objectives of this assignment are:
Engage with relevant AFAAS Secretariat staff and key actors at regional and country level AEAS fora, to understand the context and plan the assignment accordingly.
Develop capacity assessment methodology for AEAS policy analysis, formulation and advocacy as well as resource mobilization for country and regional levels;
Conduct capacity assessment, prioritize training needs and develop training plans for AEAS policy analysis, formulation and advocacy as well as resource mobilization for country and regional levels
Develop framework and guidelines for a continuous and sustainable strengthening of country fora
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The assignment shall be for a maximum of 25 man days distributed within two months. The assignment shall be effective from May 1, 2021 to June, 30, 2020
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The following set of competencies will form the basis for selection of the consultant:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in agriculture, rural development, agricultural extension and advisory services and/or business management.
- Other qualifications in Information and Communication Technologies and knowledge management will be an added advantage;
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the development sector; preferably in AEAS policy analysis and formulation, resource mobilization, capacity development, capacity assessments and developing capacity development plans,
- Ability to organize meetings, calls and documents that may require the input of multiple sources,
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team,
- Experience in similar assignment (capacity assessment on AEAS policy analysis, formulation, advocacy and resource mobilization),
- Experience on sample design and use of data collection methodologies including online data collection techniques as well as development of survey tools,
- Experience of working in African countries;
- Knowledge about AFAAS and CAADP XP4 Project;
- Experience in gender and youth mainstreaming will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French is an added advantage,
EVALUATION AND SLECTION CRITERIA
The Consultant will be evaluated according to the evaluation criteria stated in the Terms of Reference (TORs). The minimum technical score required to pass the technical evaluation shall be 70 points.
Interested individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. The Consultant shall be required to submit both the financial and technical proposal. The technical proposal should contain at minimum the following: (i) Description on understanding of the tasks including comments on the TORs; (ii) Elaborate description of the methodology to be followed to deliver the required outputs of this assignment; (iii) Work plan and time frame for implementation; and (iv) CV of the consultant. The financial proposal should contain professional fees and other direct and reimbursable expenses. The technical and financial proposals must be delivered to the address below not later than April 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. at the address below or electronically on email: email@example.com.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method in the IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individual consultants may obtain detailed information from Samson Eshetu on email firstname.lastname@example.org copying Max Olupot on email: email@example.com from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest April 15, 2021 at 11.00 a.m.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Download: TORS And Call For Expression Here