African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union managed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) organisations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
The delivery mechanism for AFAAS programmes and projects is through provision of sub grants aimed at achieving its goals and objectives guided by AFAAS Grants and Award Guidelines. AFAAS has experience is sub grating and this has expanded from Regional and Country Fora to partnerships, thus, requiring devoted planning and design processes, implementation, monitoring and reporting of results. AFAAS is therefore, seeking services of a qualified and dedicated Grants Management consultant to provide technical support services and in ensuring that AFAAS sub grants are well tracked, sub grant recipients are compliant and reporting on results regularly to programme.
2) Objectives of the Consultancy:
The main objectives of the assignment are to provide technical support services in the areas of AFAAS sub grants management, ensuring recipient compliance and undertake performance tracking.
Specifically, the consultant will:
a) Provide support to the Director Programmes (DP) and work with M&E in coordinating of AFAAS sub grants delivery; ensuring that the sub grants are within the workplan and budget, sub grants activities are implemented in a timely manner as per the approved annual workplan and to a high standard; and
b) Support AFAAS Country Fora and sub grantees in ensuring compliance, tracking performance of disbursed sub grants and scouting resource opportunities.
3) Duration of the Assignment
The assignment shall initially be for nine months (9) effective April up to December 2022; Renewable based on performance, need and availability of funding.
4) Qualification, Experience and Competences
The following set of competencies and qualifications will form the basis for selection of the consultant
· Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Statistics, Economics or Social Sciences. Post-graduate qualifications relevant to Monitoring and Evaluation shall be an added advantage;
· At least two years of professional experience undertaking development work;
· Demonstrated understanding of concepts and skills in monitoring and evaluation, project cycle, results chain and frameworks and participatory monitoring;
· Demonstrated experience in Planning and implementation of M&E systems;
· Ability to speak and write good English. French will be an added advantage
· Demonstrated experience in implementation of high- value donor-funded programmes with sub grants.
· Excellent report writing skills,
· Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel, SPSS, MS Access, etc.
· Flexibility in time schedules
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Good interpersonal skills, particularly in the context of team management and external representation of the organisation.
· Results oriented and able to work under deadline pressures.
· Exhibits strategic and creative mindset and be a motivated self-starter.
Interested individual consultants must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the assignment and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter for EOI; (ii) CV in English; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than May 4, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: email@example.com.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest April 18, 2022.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Copying firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Further information may be obtained from AFAAS procurement Unit: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Programmes; Email: email@example.com;
AFAAS Affirmative Action Statement on Employment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.