African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS) is a Continental body that brings National Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services (AEAS) providers in Africa under one umbrella. The AFAAS has received grant funding from the European Union managed by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under Grant Number: 2000002981 towards the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme ex-pillar IV (CAADP XP4) organisations under the initiative “Development Smart Innovation through Research in Agriculture (DeSIRA)” Project. For the implementation of project activities, AFAAS will conduct procurements for goods, consulting and non-consulting services, in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and IFAD Procurement Guidelines.
The AFAAS Secretariat has a lot of financial records/information that has been generated and maintained in manual form overtime is required to be maintained for at least ten (10) years from the Grant closing date. To fulfil this requirement, AFAAS is soliciting a records management volunteer to undertake the sorting, scanning and filling services of all financial records including supporting documents; expenditures and accountability records for the 11 Country For a participating in the project implementation as well as reports for the past three years and store them in the cloud (google drive) and on the AFAAS server.
- Objectives of the Consultancy:
The broad objective is to solicit a temporary staff to provide administrative and financial support to the Finance Unit with expertise in records management. The specific objective is to sort, classify and scan all AFAAS payments and other financial documents including supporting documents, expenditures and accountability records and reports in an orderly and easily traceable manner saving it in the google drive and on the AFAAS server.
- Duration of the Assignment
The short-term engagement is expected to last for a period of 11 months commencing on 1st October, 2022 with an intermittent break of 1 month upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Qualification, Experience and Competences
The following set of competencies and qualifications will form the basis for selection of the records management volunteer.
- Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Science in Accounting, Science in Finance, Arts in Economics majoring in Accounting, or any other accounting and business-related course; OR A partial professional qualification atleast Level II of CPA or ACCA.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant administrative experience in finance and accounting is required.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in the field of documentation is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of MS Applications especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Package will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of AFAAS;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- attention to detail, prioritize work assignments and meet deadline pressures;
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
Interested candidates may send application letter, updated comprehensive CV detailing the experience, names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three current referees and copies of academic documents to the AFAAS secretariat clearly indicating on the envelope “Temporary Support staff”. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than October 17, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. at the address below or electronically on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (approved in September, 2010). Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time) latest October 10, 2022.
Dr. Silim M. Nahdy
Executive Director, AFAAS,
Kigobe Road; House No. 26; Minister’s Village;
P.O BOX 34624 Kampala, Uganda
Copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information may be obtained from the Technical Person- Cate Mubiru; email: email@example.com;
AFAAS Affirmative Action Statement on Employment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
CALL FOR EOI FOR PROCUREMENT OF SHORT-TERM RECORDS MANAGEMENT VOLUNTEER